Click on the links below to download publications on husbandry and/or transport of marine animals authored/co-authored by our team or that benefited from the assistance of the Flying Sharks team.
- (Very) Long-term transport of Silurus glanis, Carcharhinus melanopterus, etc.
- Relatório Tubarões e Raias - Guardiões do Oceano em Crise (PDF 56 Mb)
- Ocean Sunfishes - Evolution Biology and Conservation - chapters 13 and 15
- Marine Animals and Human Care Toward Effective Conservation of the Marine Environment
- Marine Animals and Human Care Toward Effective Conservation of the Marine Environment (PDF)
- Assessment of trends in the Portuguese Elasmobranch commercial landings over three decades (1986-2017)
- The effect of rapid decompression on barotrauma and survival rate in swallowtail seaperch (Anthias anthias)
- Capture, husbandry and long-term transport of pilotfish, Naucrates ductor, by sea, land and air
- Lepeophtheirus azoricus parasitic on dusky grouper Epinephelus marginatus
- Collection,_transport_and husbandry_of the blue_shark_Prionace_glauca
- Marine Ornamental Species Aquaculture - Chapter_26 - Packing_and_shipping
- Portuguese Commercial Fisheries of Swordfish, Xiphias_gladius
- Elasmobranch landings in the Portuguese commercial fishery from 1986 to 2009
- Ten new records of marine fishes in São Tomé, West Africa
- Holothuria stress response to capture and transport
- Blue sharks (Prionace glauca) as bioindicators of pollution and health in the Atlantic Ocean: Contamination levels and biochemical stress responses
- The potential of cholinesterases as tools for biomonitoring studies with sharks: Biochemical characterization in brain and muscle tissues of Prionace glauca
- Notes on the long-term transportation and husbandry of Bull rays and Dolphinfish
- First record of Whale Shark in continental Europe
- Os aquários (Guia das Escolas e Profissões do Mar 2012)
- New geographic distribution for Northeastern Atlantic species
- Fish diversity in the Berlengas Natural Reserve (Portugal)
- Flying Sharks (Bioaquária)
- Long-term transportation, by road and air, of Chub mackerel and Atlantic bonito
- Long-Term GPS Tracking of Ocean Sunfish Mola mola
- Tubarões e raias em Portugal (Portugal Dive)
- Satellite tracking of the World's largest bony fish, the ocean sunfish in the North East Atlantic
- Role of sensory cues in food searching behavior of captive Manta_birostris
- Flying Sharks: a captive shark's tale (Shark Focus)
- Long-term transportation of Devil-ray, Meagre and Sunfish (our very first Flying Sharks paper!)
- Observations on the catches of small tunas from a trap off the Algarve
- Domestication and GnRHa-induced spawning of meagre, Argyrosomus regius
- Reproductive biology and population dynamics of the shortfin mako, Isurus oxyrinchus, off the southwest Portuguese coast
- Food habits of the shortfin mako, Isurus oxyrinchus, off the southwest coast of Portugal
- Movement of blue shark, Prionace glauca, in the north-east Atlantic based on mark-recapture data
- Census of elasmobranchs in public aquariums
- Research on elasmobranchs in public aquariums
- Elasmobranch transport techniques and equipment
- Long distance transportation of the scalloped hammerhead shark, Sphyrna lewini
- Long-term transportation of Ratfish, Hydrolagus colliei, and Tiger rockfish, Sebastes nigrocinctus
- Buoyancy compensation problems in a sandtiger shark, Carcharias taurus
- Tooth loss rate from two captive sandtiger sharks (Carcharias taurus)
Click on folder /portugal to access a list of other publications on Elasmobranch studies conducted in Portugal.
Click on folder /iccat to access a list of other publications on Elasmobranch studies conducted by ICCAT.
Click on folder /fao_iata to access FAO and IATA publications on live fish transportation.
Click www.iccat.int/pubs to access the complete list of ICCAT publications.
Click E.H.M. to access the full Elasmobranch Husbandry Manual, which is the most comprehensive work in Elasmobranch Husbandry to date.